Saturday 20 February 2010

'Alien Gardeners' Illustrations

Here are some of my 'Alien Gardeners' (working title!) illustrations for a children's story I'm working on. I have made all the skins out of various materials, including my own piece of felt (my first lesson in felting with friend Helen!), needle punching and even home grown vegetables!

Wanda the Alien started life as my first piece of felt!






Tina the Alien was created by ironing some special fabric (I have forgotten what it's called!):




'Swifts' (a small kind of alien in my story), 'Thump' and 'Fuzz' were made by taking a photo of my needle punching (also a new thing I learnt from friend Helen!)







Beep the Alien was made by a home grown courgette!

...And Bernard was made by green painted bubble wrap!






No comments:

Post a Comment