Monday 3 May 2010

Weekend Fun in E2 (Columbia Road)

A little group of us took a trip to see the wonders of Columbia Road in East London - lead by our intrepid expert on such matters, Charlotte:


It was raining lots, so we had to bring our enormous umbrellas (there was some umbrella clashing going on in the flower market - a few eyes were poked - it wasn't pretty!):

This shop was very special (as demonstrated by Charlotte, with a confused look from Sister Sue):
Don't worry - I DID give them some money before I took the photo - these guys were ace!

Another wonderous shop!

The beginnings of the Flower Market and Sue's matching umbrella!




A sad photo in the midst of all these cheery flowers - Anna insisted I took this one, so here it is. I have entitled it: Poor Bear

Yummy mini cupcakes!


More sweet treats - the magnificent macaroons!

I also wanted to share this as I'm very excited about it - I planted lots of veggies and more strawberries on Bank Holiday Monday (dodging the showers)! Here we have carrots, onions, rocket, chives, thyme and mint...

And our new patch, where courgettes, sugar snap peas and spring onions are merrily growing (and my shadow)!

Oh, and our lilac tree is blossoming - beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. A GOOD day! Nice pics. Lets do it again when its sunny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely when it's sunny :) My feet are STILL cold (but I did really enjoy it!) Thanks for helping me get some key snaps! xxx

    ReplyDelete