Wednesday 11 August 2010

Button Lampshades & Damson Vodka

For a while now, my boring creamy coloured lampshade in my dining has been troubling me - how could I make it more interesting?

Well, I finally started work on it this weekend, by threading buttons into a red themed line...
...and added some feathers!
I'm going to add some more button threads and feathers, so it looks very bright and twinkling in the corner of my dining room :)

Also, Charlotte and I picked damson's in her mother in law's garden (Liz) who kindly let us forage!
I'm going to make some damson vodka or gin - check out a recipe I'm going to try here!
Here is the sum of our foraging:

Baskets and tubs full of damsons, some cooking apples and blackberries - its feeling more like a mini harvest festival looking at this!
I'm going to also try and make an apple and blackberry pie - YUM!

(Thanks to Charlotte for her lovely damson and fruit photos!)

x*x*

No comments:

Post a Comment